tell us about yourself

One of the first things you do when you enter a pageant is sending in all this information that is describing yourself. I found that one of the hardest things to do. I spent days trying to figure it out and sent it in at the amen moment because I wasn't sure exactly what to say.

I think a lot of times we tend to downplay our own achievements because we are so used to comparing ourselves to others but not praising the things that we do. That is something I wish to change in the future.




Awards & Honors:

  • Elected Texas Bluebonnet Girls State Governor

  • Awarded “Miss Intuitive” at the Miss Quintessential Scholarship Pageant

  • Invited into Golden Key International Honors Society (UT Arlington)

  • Inducted into ALDPES (Alpha Lambda Delta - Phi ETA Sigma) Honors Society (UT Austin)

  • Inducted into Texas Darlins Spirit Group at UT Austin, Elected Recruitment Chair

  • Valedictorian Republic Airways Flight Attendant Training Class




Hobbies & Interests:

  • Music, Dancing, Singing, Piano, Guitar

  • Reading, Writing

  • Photography, Videography

  • Art, Drawing, Animation, Fashion/Cosplay

  • (If it takes creativity I love doing it)


Ambition:

  • One of my main ambitions in life is to achieve an EGOT which means to win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award. Only 2 black women have achieved this accomplishment, Whoopie Goldberg and Jennifer Hudson. While the awards themselves would be a nice way to receive recognition for my work, to me the most important part is being able to fulfill all of my creative interests. That is why I aspire to achieve an EGOT because that symbolizes that I was able to participate in each of these creative fields. I hope to be able to do this with my original work as well, through the independent entertainment/production company I plan to create. With this company (Drestar Productions), I want to give up-and-coming minorities in the entertainment industry a place to start, especially young women of color who may not be given the same opportunities as their peers.



Reason for entering:

  • I entered this pageant to step outside of my comfort zone and become a better version of myself. While most people might not guess it at first glance, I am an introvert, so sometimes it can be hard for me to take the first step when it comes to socializing, making friends, or putting myself out there. I’m usually the one behind the camera instead of being in front of it during pictures. I wanted to change that. I may not be what some people imagine when they think of a pageant contestant, but that is exactly what motivated me to enter. These past few months I have been learning how to love myself the way I am, and I want to prove to others you don’t have to look a certain way, have a certain physique, a certain style, or be a certain height in order to achieve your dreams.



How did you hear about this pageant?

  • I watched the Miss Universe pageant growing up and decided to google and see if there was a pageant in San Antonio in the Miss Universe system.

Comments

Popular Posts